It is annoying when you visit a webpage to read an article and a video automatically starts playing when the page opens. There is a solution, these few steps explains how to stop videos from automatically playing in your browser.
- Click the three-line menu icon in the upper-right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Show advanced settings link.
- Scroll down a little further to the Privacy section and click the Content settings button right below the word Privacy.
- In the resulting “Content settings” dialog box, scroll down to the Plugins section and select Let me choose when to run plugin content.
- Click the Manage individual plugins link.
On the resulting Plugins page, find Adobe Flash Player and uncheck Always allowed to run. The next time you encounter an auto-running Flash video, you’ll get a gray box with a jigsaw piece icon. To play the video, right-click and select Run this plugin.